Sometimes I wish we had more access to British guiz/game shows. It seems like they have way more fun on theirs than we do on ours.
Yes, that really is Uri Geller, amazing spoon-bender who has been debunked publicly several times, not the least of which was on the Johnny Carson show. And yet, people are willing to believe he can do crazy shit like make spoons jump across the room.
The host and guests get in some amazing zingers at Uri’s expense:
- “If you believe in ghosts, go ‘oooooooh'”
- “This is one of the biggest benders in the world here”
- Pretty much the entire first half of the 3rd clip
Uri does a pretty decent job of mocking himself though:
- Host: What do you think people find scary? Uri: Waking up in the morning and seeing your spouse
- “It’s awful to be attacked by spoons”
- “Did you know that the first spoon ever found was in the pyramids?
I also still love Tim Minchin. Also, the line “the worst part about being bitten by a poisonous spider is that you’re probably Australian.” Burn.
Like this article? Follow me on Twitter!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
No incoming links found yet.